Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Quick Trip Down Memory Lane:

A Quick Trip Down Memory Lane:

I grew up in an “overprotective” home so I was involved in the paintball community before I ever started actually playing. I joined the Tippmann Inc. forum in ’94 and stirred up a little trouble but also found friends whom I would meet in person a few years later. I started playing in 1996 (with the new freedom of being 16) cutting my teeth at an indoor warehouse with pumps and motorcycle masks (Bill & Jims if anyone remembers)

I met up with some of the local people on the Tippmann Forum and the 3 of us started playing regularly in the area, mostly at Hole in the Wall paintball park. We and the others from the forum started a scenario paintball team Old Men & Heavy Weights (OMHW) which earned quite a lot of recognition in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Team members were spread across the country as we all met online and eventually the unofficially dissolved as the logistics of keeping the team together became too much. What’s left of the team still communicates at http://www.omhw.net/ forums but we rarely gather at paintball events anymore.

Also, my 2 local paintball team mates moved from the Seattle area and soon after I re-entered college, I no longer found time, money or interest for much paintball.

There, now I’m feeling all nostalgic, but that’s is a quick run down on me and paintball. I’m ready for the next chapter, I hope paintball will be as good to me in the future as it has in the past.

If by some miracle someone is actually reading this, post a comment at tell me who you are.

Caff

No comments: